Metro station between “Revolution Square” and “Smolenskaya”
Depth of the station – 41 meter
Height above the sea level – 103 meter
Daily passenger traffic flow – 44 000 persons
Arbatskaya (Russian: Арба́тская) is a station on the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line of the Moscow Metro. Along with Smolenskaya and Kievskaya, it was built in 1953 to replace an older, parallel section of track which has since become part of the Filyovskaya Line. The old station had been damaged in a German bomb attack in 1941, so its replacement was much deeper and included larger stations that could double as shelters (especially if the bomb was atomic). Although it was initially supposed to be closed permanently, the old section was reopened five years later, creating the somewhat confusing situation of having two pairs of completely separate stations with the same names (Arbatskaya and Smolenskaya).
Arbatskaya was designed by L.M. Polyakov, V.V. Pelevich and Yu.P. Zenkevich. Since it was meant to serve as a bomb shelter as well as a Metro station, Arbatskaya is both large (the 250-m platform is the second-longest in Moscow) and deep (41 m underground). The main tunnel is elliptical in cross-section, an unusual departure from the standard circular design. The station features low, square pylons faced with red marble and a high vaulted ceiling elaborately decorated with ornamental brackets, floral reliefs, and chandeliers.
One of the most beautiful shallow hauls of Moscow metro
An object under square of Paveletsky Terminal handled to subway management
For more than 25 years this unique gallery is abandoned
Bodacious wealth and eclectic luxury showed up in the middle of the war, on November 20, 1943
Station at Koltsevaya Line that was opened in 1954
A station of Skolnicheskaya line between “Komsomolskaya” and “Chistye Prudy” stations
The 165th station of Moscow Metro which is situated on Arbatsko–Pokrovskaya Line
One of the most beautiful Moscow metro stations that lies between “Belorusskaya” and “Tverskaya”
One of the most beautiful Moscow metro stations that was opened in 1938
A station between “Semenovskaya” and “Baumanskaya” that was opened on May 15, 1944