An ideal and a symbol of soviet period
It was created for soviet pavilion at world exhibition in Paris, 1937. An idea of this sculpture and the first miniature belong to architect B. M. Iofan who won the contest of pavilion building projects. Young man and women who symbolize the owners of soviet territory: working class and kolkhoz peasant class. They raise up high the emblem of Soviet Union — sickle and hammer.
In 2003, monument was disassembled into 40 pieces. Sculptors planned to renovate it and bring it back in the end of 2005, but renovation delayed due to financing problems. It was finished only in November of 2009.
Inside and outside of the awry monument by Zurab Tsereteli
See the historical heritage of Russian artillery and casting art
Zero kilometer of russian highways
This is the very spot where people of the whole Moscow met cosmonaut No 1