Mikhail Bulgakov Museum (officially known as Literature-Memorial Museum to Mikhail Bulgakov, commonly called the Bulgakov House) is a museum in Kiev, Ukraine, dedicated to a Kiev-born Russian writer Mikhail Bulgakov.
Commenced in February 1989, and opened on May 15, 1991 for the 100th anniversary of the writer's birth, the museum is located at №13 on the Andriyivskyy Descent and contains an exposition of nearly 2500 pieces that include writer's belongings, books, postcards, photos — conveying the life and creativity of Bulgakov and his surroundings. The atmosphere of the house reflects the writer's life — as a secondary school pupil, a medicine student, a family doctor, and a writer—when Bulgakov wrote The White Guard, The Master and Margarita, and Theatre Love Story.
The building itself erected in 1888 and designed by architect N. Gardenin, was thoroughly renovated before the opening of the museum. A memorial plaque with Bulgakov's portrait is now hanging on the front of the building. The White Guard novel makes vivid references to the Andriyivskyy Descent, and the current plaque of the address at №13 displays the street name the writer used in his book (№13 Andreevsky spusk).
The museum staff conducts considerable studies and research, publishes unreleased material, and holds book-club meetings.