One of the most beautiful railway stations
Architecture of the railway complex (on the project of Ivan Rerberg and Viktor Shukhova) is a rethinking of classicism ideas in traditions of the last century.
Here was built floating landing stage on project of Shukhov. This magnificent and majestic building has elegant structure made of glass and metal resembling transparent dome floating in the air.
Kievsky Station became symbol of continuance between ancient and new era that must have become “new age Renaissance” as Shukhov and Rerberg thought.
This building was not typical for architecture of Moscow in the beginning of XX century where Modern prevailed.
Not all of Moscow citizens even now know that initially Kievsky Station was named “Bryansky” which spoiled the view of the city. It was a dull building with only one floor which caused a lot of sharp caricatures laughing out avarice of railway company “that has decorated Moscow with this blockhouse”.
In 1912, railway administration managed to gave out funds for construction of a new station. Construction of railway lasted few years and was finished soon after revolution in 1920. And in 1934, station was renamed into “Kievsky”.
Today Kyivsky Station turned into transit point with open registration for passenger flight and opportunity to draw up documents and to register luggage. You can get to airport in 25 minutes by express-train from Kievsky Station.
One of the most significant theatres of the world has been opened after renovation
Luminous and wondrous abode
Feast your eyes on architectural symbol of Moscow
Visit the symbol of Russian statehood
Hyperboloidal construction of 1922 in a form of grid shell on Shabolovka street
Gates were constructed to honor victory in the war of 1812.
Mansion (1899) of millionaire Arseny Morozov now serves for parliament meetings
Beautiful building in Moscow that was built in 1944 on direct order from Stalin
Winner of “Archiwood” website in nomination for “City environment design” chosen by visitors
Former bakery plant No 5 and an architectural heritage that soon will house apartments
Rusakov Workers Club was built in 1929 according to project of architect Melnikov
Painting on bar and store in Stoleshnikov Lane by Denis Simachyov
A rare memorial of utilitarian art deco. Even now government cars are filled here.