Former tenement building of the First Russian insurance company
It was build according to the project of engineer Arshakh Izmirov in 1913-1914 who at the same time was the manager of the Moscow office of the company. The Vesnin brothers – future constructionists of Russian architecture – also took part in works.
In 1910s, there was a Fisher’s photo studio, and the First Russian automobile club of Moscow rented here premises.
In 1918-1952, the building housed people's commissariat on foreign affairs which in 1946 was renamed into the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the USSR.
At the moment the former tenement building of the First Russian insurance company faces with its façades a parking that covers the most part of a square.
It must be motioned that a square appeared here after demolition of a church during soviet times when government proposed to move here a monument of Vorovskoy — a revolutionary and one the first soviet ambassadors – built in accordance with the design of sculptor Kats. It was erected here in the anniversary of his death.
Although the church was broken down, the monument stayed in a small court of honor of the house.
There were a lot of communal apartment that are being settled out. The building is the elicit cultural heritage object.
Feast your eyes on architectural symbol of Moscow
One of the most significant theatres of the world has been opened after renovation
Visit the symbol of Russian statehood
One of the most beautiful railway stations
This ‘Ship-building’ was built in 1970-1980s for Ministry of Atomic Energy
A house of architect Kekushev which was built in 1900-1903
Timber blocking in Khamovniki District made in traditions of Russian architecture
A tower on the embankment between Vodovoznaya and Tainitskaya towers
This Club was built for employees of ‘Svoboda’ factory in 1927-1929
A Business Yard that later became Supreme Soviet of the National Economy (VSNKh)
The First Bezymyannaya tower that was earlier known as Porokhovaya (Gunpowder) Tower
A building of the Service of Moscow Kremlin’s Commandant between Troitskaya and Nikolskaya towers
Administrative and living building near the Red Gates
The palace was built in 1651