Walk Temples Architecture

Armenian street, 7-13

Cathedral Armenian Cathedral


Place reviews

  • A small Armenian church was built in the years 1363–1370, founded by an Armenian merchant from Caffa and established as the mother church of an eparchy. It is said to have been modeled after the Cathedral of Ani in the ancient Armenian capital of Ani. In 1437 the cathedral was surrounded with an arcade gallery, today only the southern one is preserved and the northern has been rebuilt into a sacristy. After the church was damaged in a city fire in 1527 a new stone belfry was erected in 1571. In 1630 the main nave was extended, further rebuilt in 1723. Since 17th century the cathedral belonged to Armenian Catholic eparchy of Lviv, as union with Roman Catholic Church was introduced by bishop Mikołaj (Nicolas) Torosowicz. The Cathedral owes most of its present day look to a remodeling carried out in the years 1908-1927.


To attach a video you just need to paste the link to it in the comment field. This feature applies to videos hosted on YouTube or Vimeo.

This place was viewed 1392 times

3 people like this place:

Vera, Лера Калашникова, Олег Березовский

Temples and architecture nearby address «Armenian street, 7-13»

Street Armyanskaya Ulitsa

30 m

Church Preobragenskaya

The former Trinitarian church

80 m

Square Market Square

180 m

Place Lviv's Ratusha

180 m

Teathre Lviv Operа Teathre

350 m

Church Dominican Church

170 m

Palace Korniakt Palace

180 m

Prospekt Svobody

290 m

Temple Jesuit Church

240 m

Cathedral Latin Cathedral

300 m

Palace Lubomirski

230 m

Street Ruska ulica

270 m

House Chapel of the Boims

300 m

Museum Lviv Arsenal

380 m

Block Evreyskiy kvartal

320 m

Catholic Kostel Benediktinok

230 m

Church Assumption Church

Around him rallied Orthodox community in the city

390 m

Church Uspenskaya Tserkov

260 m

Building Dom Uchenyih

720 m

Building Bankovskaya brama

380 m

Church Chasovnya

330 m

Square Mitskevich's Square

450 m

Church Bernardine

450 m

Palace Potocki Palace

660 m

A-a-ah, more placesloading